Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chacolo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2012
Is this normal ?
That it is slightly off-centered and slightly-tilted ?
Thanks for any feedback.

Attachments

• IMG_0754.JPG
    IMG_0754.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0753.JPG
    IMG_0753.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 95

asting

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
I literally noticed this about my MBA this morning. I had my top half assembly replaced because of a failed webcam. The top overhangs on the right and the bottom sticks out on the left. I called the store that serviced it and they can adjust that. I'm bringing it in Friday.

chacolo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2012
It might be only cosmetic.
Still .... poor quality control for an expensive laptop.

MaulRx

Suspended
Aug 27, 2012
I can't really tell what's tilted in your picture. Compared to mine, it looks the same.

chacolo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2012
I meant this:
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/289937photo2.jpg

----------

But I guess this is normal ;)

asting

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
Sorry I was out of town. I did swing by friday and have my screen adjusted. Mine was just a left->right issue, and the store did it in about 10 minutes, 5 of which were probably the guy hanging out (I've worked retail). They do have adjustment screws, but as far as I can tell that would only help from left to right. I can't see if they could fix other issues.
Your best bet is to give them a call and see what they can do. I would call an actual store, and talk to someone there. I called the apple hotline first and they couldn't tell me if it could be fixed without replacing the entire top half again. The store i called simply talked to a tech about the issue, and got back to me within a minute or two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.