PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys

skitzodancer
Aug 29, 2012, 04:12 PM
Hey guys I posted something similar a few months ago but I just wanted to ask this.

Is there any advantages to using a mac system rather than of for music production... Bare in mind in using ableton.

Cheers guys.

ChrisA
Aug 29, 2012, 04:28 PM
Hey guys I posted something similar a few months ago but I just wanted to ask this.

Is there any advantages to using a mac system rather than of for music production... Bare in mind in using ableton.

Cheers guys.

You mean "Are there other things Macs are good at?" I doubt you will get un-biased answers here. But I'd say yes. They are better for simply reading email.

First day of classes was yesterday. I'm in grad school now after being away from school for a long time. I saw lots of students with computers and EVERY ONE was a Mac. yes EVERY LAST ONE. Even in the library were rows and rows or iMacs for public use. And no, the university does not have a policy on what computers may be used nor or student even required to have computers. But they only sell Apple in the bookstore. So I suspect all those students simply selected what works best. Seems to be about 50/50 divided between MBA and MBP.

SteppingStone
Aug 30, 2012, 07:30 AM

In my experience, once things are working it's really just personal preference. However, I've usually had to spend a little longer on setup when I've used PC-based recording rigs. The Mac is usually closer to plug-and-play, although I've seen some horror stories there as well (particularly for big protools setups).

Anyway, this is based on my personal experience with ProTools and Logic. Can't speak to Ableton directly since I haven't used it.