PDA

View Full Version : Black bezel mba 11"?

barebackbadger8
Aug 29, 2012, 06:28 PM
Hi
Im wondering if anyone in the uk have found somewhere that sells like a black sticker etc to cover the silver bezel on the mba 11" screen?
I love my mba (2011) but cant get used to the silver bezel

All help very much appreciated

stchman
Aug 29, 2012, 07:21 PM
I actually prefer the aluminum bezel. Black bezels are fingerprint magnets. I like the fact that my MBA is not a fingerprint monster.

wditters
Aug 30, 2012, 02:59 AM
I actually prefer the aluminum bezel. Black bezels are fingerprint magnets. I like the fact that my MBA is not a fingerprint monster.

Agreed :-)

aleni
Aug 30, 2012, 04:24 AM

Agreed #2. Aluminum bezel looks more classy and blends with the design.

m00min
Aug 30, 2012, 04:41 AM
I like the aluminium bezel on the Air too. My BTO MBP has one so I suppose I'm already used to it.

roxxette
Aug 30, 2012, 04:55 AM
I got so used to the silver bezel that i cant stand the black one :( i do have to agree the first couple of days the silver drive me crazy

taipan61
Aug 30, 2012, 05:46 AM
if your still not convinced and want a black bezel there are a few sites around that offer "skins" that will cover the bezel (and MBA) in almost anything you want.
google "skinit" or "decalgirl"

tgara
Aug 30, 2012, 08:51 AM
Hi
Im wondering if anyone in the uk have found somewhere that sells like a black sticker etc to cover the silver bezel on the mba 11" screen?
I love my mba (2011) but cant get used to the silver bezel

All help very much appreciated

Sticker boy dot net sells some very nice skin products. For my MBA, I have the side skins, keyboard skin, and bezel skin. They come in a variety of styles including black carbon fiber, and are made from 3M Dinoc, a top quality vinyl material that leaves no bubbles. My skins look like they were installed at the factory. Highly recommended if you are looking for skins.

Mrbobb
Sep 14, 2012, 06:14 PM
The silver Asus Zenbook has a black bezel but the top cover looks like cheap stainless steel, and of course what really turned me off, the sharp corners, AND the price.

dbdynsty25
Sep 14, 2012, 06:23 PM
I like the look of black bezels better, but can appreciate the advantages of the aluminum one. No big deal to me either way. Pluses and minuses to both.

roxxette
Sep 15, 2012, 04:33 AM
The silver Asus Zenbook has a black bezel but the top cover looks like cheap stainless steel, and of course what really turned me off, the sharp corners, AND the price.

Cheap stainless steel ? SS is higher quality than aluminum mate :) and doesnt scratch easy plus stronger.

jbzcar
Sep 15, 2012, 10:06 AM
Cheap stainless steel ? SS is higher quality than aluminum mate :) and doesnt scratch easy plus stronger.

Anodized aluminum is more scratch resistant than stainless.

It is also a better conductor of heat.

Mrbobb
Sep 15, 2012, 12:10 PM
oh I dunno which one is stronger but that glossy stainless steel looks more like pre-scratched chrome to me. Air aluminum look more like magnesium with a light champagne hue.

roxxette
Sep 18, 2012, 04:57 AM
Anodized aluminum is more scratch resistant than stainless.

It is also a better conductor of heat.

are you crazy ? L O L anodized alumunim more scratch resistant than stainless ? you do know that is a powder used to anodize :) conductor of heat yeap that one is right; weights less of course too but NEVER more durable or either scratch/ding resistance like SS.

dbdynsty25
Sep 18, 2012, 01:16 PM
are you crazy ? L O L anodized alumunim more scratch resistant than stainless ? you do know that is a powder used to anodize :) conductor of heat yeap that one is right; weights less of course too but NEVER more durable or either scratch/ding resistance like SS.

I guess you never used an iPod touch w/ the stainless back. The second you peel the wrapper off the thing and set it down ONE time, it's scratched.

jbzcar
Sep 18, 2012, 01:49 PM

No, not crazy. I just actually understand what I am talking about.

roxxette
Sep 18, 2012, 02:08 PM
I guess you never used an iPod touch w/ the stainless back. The second you peel the wrapper off the thing and set it down ONE time, it's scratched.

That a pos SS.....

roxxette
Sep 18, 2012, 02:10 PM
No, not crazy. I just actually understand what I am talking about.

Nah you dont mate, drop/ding your "powerfull" anodized stuff and bam! Nice scratch with different color.

SS scratch ? Easy you can buff it out.

jbzcar
Sep 18, 2012, 03:51 PM
Nah you dont mate, drop/ding your "powerfull" anodized stuff and bam! Nice scratch with different color.

SS scratch ? Easy you can buff it out.

Stainless steel is not immune to dings or dents.

Aluminum oxide ranks higher than stainless steel on Mohs' scale. That means it is scratches less easily than stainless steel. ;)

Why did you misspell "powerful" and then point it out to everyone with quotation marks? :confused: