Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GeneParmesan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
Just bought a Crucial M4 256GP SSD to replace my factory Early 2008 Macbook 250GB HDD. Cloned my currently-installed HDD to my new SSD using SuperDuper!, repaired permissions and the whole nine yards. Rebooted from the SSD and tested a few programs to see if everything was good and it appears that most Apple apps (e.g. Mail, Address Book, iCal, Preview, Safari) work, but some (e.g. iTunes) don't work. Also, third-party apps don't appear to be working at all (e.g. Chrome, Microsoft Word, Spotify).

I figured the third-party apps needed to be re-downloaded to be allowed to boot from a "new computer", but the fact that iTunes doesn't work is making me think something may need to be addressed with the new SSD. I downloaded Chrome again, dropped in my Applications folder, then opened the program but it still doesn't work. It just says "Google Chrome quit unexpectedly."

Anybody have any experience with this specific issue? Or advice on how to proceed? I appreciate any comments.

Thanks guys!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.