PDA

View Full Version : Basic track layering??

susanna13
Aug 30, 2012, 05:04 PM
This basically represents what is going to happen in this post: :confused::confused::confused:

First, I hope this hasn't already been discussed to death in other threads -- I didn't find anything in my searches.

I've been trying to learn how to layer multiple tracks recorded separately on my digital piano. I've recorded one very simple riff, and then while listening to that, I recorded another very simple track to go with it. I then took those two recordings and popped them into Logic (which I currently don't know how to use aside from a few very basic things...). When I play them together, they start out in sync, but they quickly drift apart. I was listening to the first track while recording the second, and I'm very sure my playing was right on with the tempo of the first recording, so I don't know what's going on.

This is something that has frustrated me for a little while now. Whenever I try to record one track to go with another one (which I'll be listening to all the while), I can NEVER get them to be together.

spoonie1972
Aug 31, 2012, 08:00 AM
if you're "popping them into logic" after the fact - how are you recording them?

i'd recommend recording them using logic audio's sequencer, using logics' metronome feature.

need more info.