PDA

View Full Version : My videos

Dagless
Aug 10, 2005, 05:45 PM
I've been making videos for a couple of years now; most on here

http://satansam.co.uk/graphics.htm

would love to know what you guys think :)
just uploaded 2 H.264 vids too (took hours to render on my little PowerBook :( ), gotta love the quality of that codec :D... strongly recommend the Kite stuff, the Plastix, Water Boy... chatnights pretty funny.

most are in wmv because they were made in the dark PC days

enjoy?

iDM
Aug 10, 2005, 05:59 PM

just uploaded 2 H.264 vids too (took hours to render on my little PowerBook :( ), gotta love the quality of that codec :D... strongly recommend the Kite stuff, the Plastix, Water Boy... chatnights pretty funny.

enjoy?

That kite looked fun as hell!

MacNoobie
Aug 11, 2005, 01:15 AM

enjoy?

Hate to whine but better apply a deinterlace filter to the videos.

Rod Rod
Aug 11, 2005, 04:57 AM
I highly recommend resizing the 720x576 clips to 768x576.

In QT Pro: cmd-J, click on "Video Track," select "Visual Settings" tab, un-check "Preserve Aspect Ratio," then enter "768" in place of "720."

Now you'll have the proper 4:3, standard-definition (not Hi Def) PAL TV aspect ratio. :)

As iDM said, the kite flying looked fun.

Dagless
Aug 11, 2005, 06:02 AM
cheers Rod Rod, ive been trying to fix that for a bit now. i just thought it was a camera fault :) have to re-render this. would it lower the filesize too?

Sharewaredemon
Aug 11, 2005, 06:12 AM
Dude, the plastix was so funny.

Was the auido (not the matrix stuff) taken from something?
It sounded like Will Farrel.

Rod Rod
Aug 11, 2005, 06:32 AM
cheers Rod Rod, ive been trying to fix that for a bit now. i just thought it was a camera fault :) have to re-render this. would it lower the filesize too?Hey . . . well you don't have to really re-render it to do what I described. Just hit "save" after you resize it to 768x576.

The square shape was bothering me so I just resized it to the proper aspect ratio and it played back fine.

DV is weird. In NTSC there's a 3:2 ratio (720x480) and in PAL there's a 5:4 ratio (720x576) in resolution. When you play it back on a TV it's fine but exporting a web video is a different story.

AlmightyG5
Aug 11, 2005, 12:45 PM
Coold vids...What program do you use to make your games?

Dagless
Aug 11, 2005, 02:25 PM
i use Multimedia Fusion for my games, although I'm learning more Actionscript each day. although with Flash i lose the pixel art which i adore.

so far MMF is PC only but apparently MMF2 will have a OS X compiler, which is nice. dont know how it'll run though.

edit: so how do i solve the interlace problems? just that I cant see any options in QT7, and i dont remember seeing an option for that in iMovie, unless im not looking hard enough.