PDA

View Full Version : The writing on the wall....err fridge

dornoforpyros
Aug 10, 2005, 06:02 PM
So I walked in the door after work today to see a new iPod box sitting on the counter and the following message on the fridge "Jason...I cracked...bought an iPod -mark"

I've been making fun of my roomies mini disk player for months now and the stacks of mini disk he leaves laying around.

I believe this is called "nag-marketing" and it seems to have worked hehe, now where's my commision steve? :D

EGT
Aug 10, 2005, 06:28 PM
Don't stop now! You're on a roll! Reply with, "GOOD! Now buy some Milk and tidy this place up for gods sakes, its a mess!!"

I nag as well. I was watching "Comet Impacts" on the Discovery channel tonight when i saw the little apple logo glow from a powerbook belonging to one of the scientists.

"See. Even NASA use them" :D :rolleyes:

dornoforpyros
Aug 10, 2005, 06:38 PM
Don't stop now! You're on a roll! Reply with, "GOOD! Now buy some Milk and tidy this place up for gods sakes, its a mess!!"

I nag as well. I was watching "Comet Impacts" on the Discovery channel tonight when i saw the little apple logo glow from a powerbook belonging to one of the scientists.

"See. Even NASA use them" :D :rolleyes:

haha naa my next goal is to get him to buy the cube some guy is selling in the paper right now, I really wanna buy it, but I have no extra sca$h right now and I don't need it. Atleast if the roomie buys it I know it will have a good home

.Andy
Aug 10, 2005, 06:41 PM
If only there was an Apple word-of-mouth affiliate program :D.

ham_man
Aug 10, 2005, 07:51 PM
Now that is pretty funny. Even funnier is that I cracked and bought an iPod after using my Minidisc player for the longest time...

MacHarne
Aug 10, 2005, 09:35 PM
EGT, your NASA comment is interesting. I had no idea Macs were that common (or at least existent) in the NASA groups until I had a speaker one evening at university from NASA. He was the person leading the Columbia disaster investigations. He brought along his 15" PB to do a Keynote presentation to a few thousand of us. I pointed it out to a professor of mine who also used her 15" PB for Keynote presentations during class (in a department dominated by PCs, actually a "requirement"). Anyways, back to the original topic, the nag factor works; my roommate from a few years ago bought an iPod after he kept messing around with my iPod and seeing how lame his Creative player was.

dornoforpyros
Aug 11, 2005, 12:30 AM
whoo-hoo, just scored me his new ear budz as he's got his Sony ones that he swears by, Horray!

RandomDeadHead
Aug 11, 2005, 02:35 AM
Dude, your avitar is disturbing.

I want my mommy.

Nermal
Aug 11, 2005, 04:50 AM
Yeah, we got a couple of complaints about it, but none of the other mods wanted to pull him up for it :confused:

I remember doing a Keynote presentation in front of my class once, I got oohs and aahs :)

irmongoose
Aug 11, 2005, 05:39 AM
Apple's probably made close to $15,000 because of me. I want to see some of that money, Steve! :mad::D

irmongoose

dornoforpyros
Aug 11, 2005, 09:01 AM
Yeah, we got a couple of complaints about it, but none of the other mods wanted to pull him up for it :confused:

I remember doing a Keynote presentation in front of my class once, I got oohs and aahs :)

haha really? When I first put it up I was actually keeping a close eye on my PM's just incase I was asked to yank it. But I also figured enough people have seen Sin City to place it

andiwm2003
Aug 11, 2005, 02:12 PM
Dude, your avitar is disturbing.

I want my mommy.

it's from sin city, isn't it?

looks cool.

tangerineyum
Aug 11, 2005, 03:03 PM
EGT, your NASA comment is interesting. I had no idea Macs were that common (or at least existent) in the NASA groups until I had a speaker one evening at university from NASA. He was the person leading the Columbia disaster investigations. He brought along his 15" PB to do a Keynote presentation to a few thousand of us. I pointed it out to a professor of mine who also used her 15" PB for Keynote presentations during class (in a department dominated by PCs, actually a "requirement"). Anyways, back to the original topic, the nag factor works; my roommate from a few years ago bought an iPod after he kept messing around with my iPod and seeing how lame his Creative player was.

I had a science teach in high school who was a complete joke. We didnt pay attention and had very little respect for him until he revealed to us that he works for JPL in Pasadena over the summer. He even brought in his Pismo PB and showed us some rocket trajectories. Not only was he a rocket scientist he used a mac, my respect for increased ten fold.

Nermal
Aug 12, 2005, 01:47 AM
haha really? When I first put it up I was actually keeping a close eye on my PM's just incase I was asked to yank it. But I also figured enough people have seen Sin City to place it

After your previous one, I simply concluded that you had no sense of decency :p