PDA

View Full Version : Wha is the Best App for teachers?

mjar
Aug 30, 2012, 10:42 PM
Hello

I'm looking for an app that help teachers to manage classroom .. Any suggestion?

AbeFrohman
Aug 31, 2012, 07:00 PM
Manage how?

Manage your schedule? Keep students interested? Be more efficient? Track grades?

If you're looking for an interactive app, look at NearPod (both the student and teacher editions). You can create interactive lectures they can view on their own iPhone or iPod.

willmtaylor
Sep 1, 2012, 12:01 AM
Hello

I'm looking for an app that help teachers to manage classroom .. Any suggestion?

Care to elaborate more?

mjar
Sep 1, 2012, 04:18 AM
I want the iPad/iPhone to replace my paperwork, so i want to use it to manage my schedule, lessons plane, take absense, grading, remainder... and that kind of stuff.

pdfmax
Sep 1, 2012, 05:02 AM
I want the iPad/iPhone to replace my paperwork, so i want to use it to manage my schedule, lessons plane, take absense, grading, remainder... and that kind of stuff.

For most of the tasks you've mentioned, use Evernote (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/evernote/id281796108?mt=8)

Otherwise, if you have to deal with PDF documents usually please check out our app PDF Max (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pdf-max-annotate-sync-pdfs/id540572073?ls=1&mt=8). We have many features that may impress you.

Cheers :cool:

steveoc
Sep 1, 2012, 07:14 AM
I use the following in my classroom:

GradeBook Pro is an app that handles grades and attendance.

Hellmansoft's Planbook handles lesson plans. I use it in conjunction with the same app for the Mac. I keep them in sync using Dropbox.

Teacher's Assistant for documentation of student behaviors.

Confer for documenting individual or small group conferences with students.

pbrooks
Sep 3, 2012, 11:05 AM
I've been teaching for 20 years. I've been a Mac user for even longer. I hate paperwork and do everything electronically as much as possible. This makes me heavily reliant on my MacBook Pro. Over the last few years, I've looked for iPad-based apps for teachers. My conclusion... they are all crap.

IMO, the fundamental problem is the import/export limitations of the iPad. Any app that has a hope of being helpful to me must interface somehow with my district's network and SIS system. Importing student information is a breeze on a MacBook Pro, but doing so on an iPad is a nightmare. Even typing into the iPad is clumsy. Moreover, getting data OUT of the iPad is problematic, especially if using a niche app with limited formatting options.

What I'd like to see is an iOS version of Easy Grade Pro with cloud syncing to EGP on my "real" computer. This would enable easy input of homework grades as I walk around the classroom. That would be about the only scenario where I picture an iPad to be a useful class management tool.

annaharris
Sep 4, 2012, 07:20 AM
Keynote
Educate
Teacher Tool
iAnnotate
GradePad
Dropbox
Attendance
Teacher Pal
Flipboard
PowerPresenter