Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stchman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Hello all.

I am wanting to sell my Macbook Air, I have decided to get the MBA i7/8GB/256GB version.

Does anyone know where to sell your MBA.

I have a 2012 i5/4GB/128GB SSD MBA.

Thanks.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
eBay or Craigslist are the two most mentioned sites. For pricing, as a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

iAppl3Fan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
It's probably not worth selling if you're going to take a big hit on a current gen model.

WesCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
How long have you had it? Apple has a pretty good return policy, especially if you have had it two weeks or less.

daveishere

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
UK
I've never sold a laptop but the first place i'd go to sell is eBay.

Just make sure you include a lot of pictures of the item and include an accurate description of its condition, and you should be fine.

BTW, good choice for the next mac ;) (see my sig)

yongren

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2011
I would advise against eBay, the "Buyer Protection" they have makes selling expensive products a nightmare. Personally I've had more luck with Amazon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.