PDA

View Full Version : iTMS Signup w/o Credit Card?

zflauaus
Aug 10, 2005, 10:30 PM
Hey guys. I am trying to make my sister's Apple ID work with iTunes Music Store. The problem is, I can't set it up without her credit card info and she doesn't want to use it on there. Is there any way around this?

JeDiBoYTJ
Aug 10, 2005, 10:35 PM
i dont think so.

What you can do, is use the credit card to sign up with, then once you are logged in, go to your profile (click the name in the upper right corner), then select 'edit credit card info', then select 'None', that should remove the info (or just hide it, im not sure)

.Andy
Aug 10, 2005, 10:39 PM
Don't you guys have the iTMS music store gift vouchers? That's probably the only way your sis can purchase songs without a CC. Otherwise I'm afraid you're stuck - a CC ensures that you are buying from the country you say you are due to your billing address.

zflauaus
Aug 10, 2005, 10:48 PM
Well, my sister decided to wait. She was just wanting to listen to songs and I told her she didn't have to sign in but she said it told her to. Oh well.

dejo
Aug 10, 2005, 10:57 PM
Well, my sister decided to wait. She was just wanting to listen to songs and I told her she didn't have to sign in but she said it told her to. Oh well.

You do not need to be signed in in order to listen to the 30-second song samples of iTMS. Just double-click the tune listing.

freiheit
Aug 10, 2005, 11:34 PM
Actually, ITMS also accepts PayPal. I signed up for ITMS when they offered a "5 free songs if you sign up through PayPal" offer earlier this year.

mkrishnan
Aug 10, 2005, 11:42 PM
When you use alternate methods such as Paypal, do you still have to provide the CC to verify your address?

So, for instance, there still isn't effectively a way to buy from a store for another location (like an American buying from the Japanese store), is there? Not that you would have a lot of legal validity on ownership of those files... but.... Well, I guess it's better than outright pirating! :o

TheMonarch
Aug 11, 2005, 12:00 AM
I found that weird. I signed up without a credit card. I have no credit card on file (I buy the $15 cards). I don't know why they changed that. I did get an account before iTunes became the ultimate #1 online music store ever though (I made an account just because, didn't buy anything until they sold the cards)...

zflauaus
Aug 11, 2005, 12:11 AM
You do not need to be signed in in order to listen to the 30-second song samples of iTMS. Just double-click the tune listing.
I know, that's what I did. I didn't know what she wanted to do until I told her to give up. I asked her what she wanted to do and she said listen to samples. I was like :eek: , you should have told me that to begin with. Oh well, I could never hate my sister. :D