Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickosbad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Hiya

I have recently got my new MBA and at this point I have not set up iTunes or iPhoto but I am showing approx 2GB of Music, Movies and Photos

I can't see them in Finder and am wondering what they may be as I certainly haven't put anything on it yet?

Is there anything I can do to get this space back?

Cheers

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-01 at 21.43.54.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-01 at 21.43.54.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 179

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
If you're wondering what "Other" category in the Lion storage tab is about, this may help explain: For space issues not explained by the above, there are a few things you can try, some of which may or may not apply: Here are a few resolutions found by others with the same question:

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
If you're wondering what "Other" category in the Lion storage tab is about, this may help explain:

According to his post, that's not what he's wondering about.

I don't know if this is the right answer but I'd assume it may be some tutorials, images, or sound files for the OS.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
According to his post, that's not what he's wondering about.

I don't know if this is the right answer but I'd assume it may be some tutorials, images, or sound files for the OS.
Read the rest of my post. It contains information and solutions for many kinds of space issues, including the OP's.
For space issues not explained by the above, there are a few things you can try, some of which may or may not apply:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.