Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
Google finally has these bad boys in stock at Game Stop, Target and Radio Shack. Expanding to all major retailers shortly. This is currently US only. I imagine Europe and Oceana area's will have them by early next year would be my guess. Google is doing this smart and rolling these out slowly to ensure it all works as advertised.

c6e4d81c-a3ed-d4da.jpg

BeardedOrc

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2011
Google finally has these bad boys in stock at Game Stop, Target and Radio Shack. Expanding to all major retailers shortly. This is currently US only. I imagine Europe and Oceana area's will have them by early next year would be my guess. Google is doing this smart and rolling these out slowly to ensure it all works as advertised.

Is it available now on all Target stores?

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2008
I love it now that everyone is bagging Apple because they sue over nothing, rounded corners, OMG, sue them for $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Apple.

Well it has become the perception and you know what they say about that.

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2010
If google would over flac/aiff or something hq than they would have an advantage over apple... with only selling mp3's, i dont see what the buzz is really about.

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
I hope these gift cards lead to sales like the iTunes cards go on sale for 20% off etc. Would be nice since I switched back to android and have been purchasing a handful of apps.

Nomi322

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2012
USA
They were released yesterday, so I would imagine so. I got mine at Game Stop and haven't been to a Target yet to see if they have them.

mac26

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2011
OMFG that is awesome!!!!

I noticed in your GS3 Review that you are Canadian (so am I), on the verge they said it is currently only available in the states :(, although hopefully us Canucks will get it soon too because we also have the Nexus 7 available up here

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
I noticed in ur GS3 Review that you are Canadian (so am I), on the verge they said it is currently only available in the states :(, although hopefully us Canucks will get it soon too because we also have the Nexus 7 available up here

When you go into the Google Play store on your Nex7 and then hit the 3 vertical dots (menu) in the top right corner, is the a "redeem" option above the Accounts, Settings and Help? If there is,, then you are already set up.

mac26

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2011
When you go into the Google Play store on your Nex7 and then hit the 3 vertical dots (menu) in the top right corner, is the a "redeem" option above the Accounts, Settings and Help? If there is,, then you are already set up.

Well I have a galaxy Nexus but when I go to the Google Play store there is no reedem option after hitting the 3 vertical dots

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
Well I have a galaxy Nexus but when I go to the Google Play store there is no reedem option after hitting the 3 vertical dots

Looks like it is not activated then. I'm wondering if it is an issue with currency exchange rates? Maybe Google didn't want to deal with that while everything is sorted first?

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2008
Looks like it is not activated then. I'm wondering if it is an issue with currency exchange rates? Maybe Google didn't want to deal with that while everything is sorted first?

Could be the exchange rate, could be they're too busy working on a defense because you might confuse the nexus 7 as an iPad with its four sides and rounded corners.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.