Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 27, 2002
Say what you will about OS X and it's speed, or lack thereof depending on who you are, but I have to use OS 9 at work and it's killing me.

The whole "you can only do one thing at a time" deal is such a productivity killer. If I'm spolling a large document, I can't do anything else. that's the biggest time killer. Along with other multitasking issues.

In real world work environments, OS X is indispensible. But, sadly we're not switching to X for several more months. :(

On the bright side, we're giving Quark the axe. InDesign it is. :D

...now if only someone would release a decent font managing app...

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I'm one of those stubborn Mac OS 9 fans, plan to continue with it till I get a new Power Mac. Currently see no reason to switch, can just start from scratch!

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Originally posted by wdlove
I'm one of those stubborn Mac OS 9 fans, plan to continue with it till I get a new Power Mac. Currently see no reason to switch, can just start from scratch!
You really should run 10.2, I see you have a G4 DP 450 (in your profile), that'd run Jaguar sweetly! Go on....you know you want to!
Once you go X....you'll never go back ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.