PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Lion on diff mac

karan1686
Sep 2, 2012, 02:26 PM
Hi

Okay purchased a MacBook air with ML installed on it. Is their a way to install ML on my other mac I have already?

I know last year i purchased lion and was able to install on two diff macs using my app store account.

When I sign into the app store on the diff mac I don't get a option to install ML but only an option to pay and download?

Anyone can point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Dweez
Sep 2, 2012, 02:32 PM
Since you didn't purchase Mountain Lion via the app store, the option to install isn't going to be there until you do make the purchase. Mountain Lion was included with the MBA, not purchased after the fact. I think... :)

I purchased ML and was able to install on 2 macs.

daveishere
Sep 2, 2012, 02:37 PM
Since you didn't purchase Mountain Lion via the app store, the option to install isn't going to be there until you do make the purchase. Mountain Lion was included with the MBA, not purchased after the fact. I think... :)

I purchased ML and was able to install on 2 macs.

Yeah, i think the licence to install on up to 5 personally-owned Macs only comes with the paid version.

Not like its the old fasioned $129 charge though is it ? :D

kapa1686
Sep 2, 2012, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the reply guys. As mentioned its inexpensive to purchase but just wanted to make sure.

sn0warmy
Sep 2, 2012, 04:46 PM
After reading an article regarding this topic I successfully installed Mountain Lion on my girlfriend's 2010 Macbook by creating a new user on her computer with my credentials, logging into the app store, downloading Mountain Lion (paid for via free upgrade voucher that came with my 2012 Macbook Air), then installing it.

Once the Mountain Lion upgrade was complete I deleted the secondary user and all has been great since. :)