Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mariahlullaby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
NYC
Ok, I convinced my lovely friend to switch and she is now the proud owner of a purple iMac G3. She has an iPod mini which was formatted to a Windows machine. Now when she connects it to the iMac via USB, iTunes doesn't register it nor does the iPod updater. She has reinstalled iTunes, reset the ipod, etc. to no avail. The iPod does show up in finder and reads "Do not disconnect."

How can this be fixed?? THANKS!! :D :confused: :) :p :eek:

748s

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2001
Tiger Bay
G3 iMacs have usb 1. iPods that use usb need usb 2. if the iMac has firewire get a firewire cable.

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
748s said:
G3 iMacs have usb 1. iPods that use usb need usb 2. if the iMac has firewire get a firewire cable.

Definitely give that a shot, but it should work on a USB 1.1 connection, too. Does the iPod work normally in the PC?

mariahlullaby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
NYC
matticus008 said:
Definitely give that a shot, but it should work on a USB 1.1 connection, too. Does the iPod work normally in the PC?

I connected it to my PB, restored it, and it seems to be working fine (updating songs, etc.). My friend will try it out tomorrow on her computer, since I brought it home with me tonight.

Thanks for the help guys!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.