PDA

View Full Version : Best 'Remote Desktop' App?

A Hebrew
Sep 3, 2012, 12:56 AM
Hi, I am looking for a remote desktop app (preferably one that works for both Mac OS X AND Windows 7). I would rather not pay 100+ for Ignition and am wondering what a good alternative is that works well.

Bilalo
Sep 3, 2012, 01:32 AM
Hi, I am looking for a remote desktop app (preferably one that works for both Mac OS X AND Windows 7). I would rather not pay 100+ for Ignition and am wondering what a good alternative is that works well.

best ever which is what im using writing this is splashtop streamer <3 on ipad its splashtop 2, just beyond awesome for everything, it cost like $2 and I think its $10 yearly over that not sure though, but you could control it from anywhere in the world as long as there is internet on both sides whether you have wifi or 3G. you could also include local remote desktop so you could have privacy. been using it for 2 years, just wow, i use it 4-6 hours minimum daily.
its also very simple and you should not turn off the advice thing in the beginning, your finger could be the mouse or you could make it that your finger just moves the mouse and left and right click are at the bottom.

I personally tried 3 different ones and settled on this now, I dont know about 2X client, but free software always goes wrong somewhere or has adds so :)

tutubibi
Sep 3, 2012, 01:53 AM
2X Client .... the best RDP client and it's free.

cjred
Sep 4, 2012, 02:37 AM
iTeleport! it's on sale now! haha

kwhitney
Sep 4, 2012, 08:08 AM
CloudConnect.

sigmainfo
Oct 11, 2012, 07:57 AM
Best can never be free

doot4runner
Oct 11, 2012, 12:13 PM
It depends on what you want to use it for. If you just want a simple way to work on your PC, I have found that logmein (free version) is the best way to do this. If you want to play games and stream video, the free version of logmein is not for you.

WesCole
Oct 11, 2012, 01:55 PM
Does LogMeIn Ignition not have a free version anymore?

distemp
Oct 11, 2012, 03:34 PM
I have Desktop Connect which is adequate but I'm not in love with the company that made it. They've released newer versions of basically that same app with added functionality and there's no way to upgrade in-app. So I paid $15 for Desktop Connect and now I have to pay another $20 for Cloud Connect which is Desktop Connect with some file browsing features.

Rubbed me the wrong way, they did. /Yoda

pasipple
Oct 11, 2012, 07:52 PM
Splashtop...

dombracher
Oct 12, 2012, 04:56 AM
Splashtop...

Would have to agree, Splashtop is very impressive for $19.99 in my opinion!

Dom

SunnyFL
Oct 16, 2012, 07:20 PM
Have tried a couple of them & find Splashtop the best so far

MacDawg
Oct 16, 2012, 07:22 PM
I use Team Viewer on my MBA, my Dell, my iPad and my iPhone
Free and does everything I want and need it to do
Also supports multiple monitors flawlessly

NutFlush920
Oct 16, 2012, 07:31 PM
I use Jump Desktop. Normally $20 but, every once and awhile you'll see it on sale for $10. Computer software is free and works with Mac or PC. No other fees.

robdam1001
Oct 16, 2012, 09:03 PM
Lmi

shyam09
Oct 17, 2012, 12:59 AM
i used to have team viewer, then i got splashtop and it was a great experience. I lucked out though since I installed the 1.x version so i when 2.0 came out, I didn't have to pay for that new feature (since we 'old timers' got it for free)

JTravers
Oct 22, 2012, 06:45 AM
Depends. If you need RDP or VNC access, Jump Desktop is fantastic. The latest update added every feature I thought it needed to be perfect for me.

If you want remote audio/video streaming, Splashtop is without compare. It really works well.

If you want a free solution, LogMeIn works pretty well.

dictoresno
Oct 24, 2012, 02:27 AM
temviewer is free and works perfectly for my needs