Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madhusudhanjr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
I want to wite a script to get the info of installed apps in Mac.. Pls help me writting the same either from AppleScript or thru Python

madhusudhanjr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
Am a beginner in this area.. can you pls guide me step by step form starting so that ll be helpful for me..

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Am a beginner in this area.. can you pls guide me step by step form starting so that ll be helpful for me..

No. I am not going to write your code for you. Approach it one step at a time, break the problem down and look up the documentation for the language you are using.

rien333

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
The Netherlands
Well, I would recommend you to actually learn a programming language before you're going to program something, there plenty of people here that can point you in the right direction on how to learn a programming language.

However, if you're only interested in the answer to your question, I would recommend to look up how to make Unix (bash?) scripts, and looking at some basic things that you can do in the Terminal application (for example, Unix commands like 'cd' and 'ls'). After you master those things, it's really quite simple, just find find out how to search in Unix, and you're basically done. If you've any questions, feel free to ask here. :)

Good luck Googling!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.