Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChicagoMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2002
Battle Creek, MI
I just got the new MacMall catologue and it says on the front, "New computers in time for the holidays? Call for details." While I'm sure they want you to call so they can get you on the phone with a salesperson, I wonder if they actually know anything new. Everybody is talking about MWSF, but what about Christmas!?!?

Give me your thoughts while I eagerly wait for either a 17" Imac update or price drop.

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
They just mean that if you buy them now...

... you can get them by Dec. 25, which may seem like no big deal, but (a) iBooks are selling like crazy and I've heard of 4-week delivery quotes, and (b) shipping delivery times are ALREADY in the camel-train range.

AssassinOfGates

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
A cardboard box.
yea, they were doing this last macworld NY. It was on every apple product, even though the only hardware to come out was the ipod and 17" iMac. Trust me... they know nothing unless inventory falls

ChicagoMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2002
Battle Creek, MI
Ok, so the actual quote is "New Computers? What's Apple introducing for the holidays?" The only thing new I see is a $15 price drop on the 5GB Ipod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.