Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

945427_large.png

iOS gaming review publication (and sister site) TouchArcade.com has launched a Universal update to their iOS app. The new update offers an easy way to browse game reviews, news and "hot" new games.

The hot new games list allows you to discover new games more quickly than any other system. Penny Arcade profiled the app for being responsible for quickly discovering 10000000:
TouchArcade has its own iOS app that tracks the amount a game is discussed on the site, using a variety of metrics.
Hodapp noticed people talking about 10000000 on Thursday, and it didn't look like a scam. He bought the game, and was immediately hooked. The speed of all this is remarkable: It only took a few hours for the community to begin talking about the game, which alerted Hodapp to its existence, and he gave it a shot and played through the day. His review went live that evening, less than 12 hours after the game had been released, and before anyone else in the industry was aware of it.
The app takes advantage of the extra real estate of the iPad screen and offers gameplay videos for almost all the games listed. A "Watch List" allows you to follow games for sales, updates and reviews. The TouchArcade app is available as a free download. [ Download ]

Article Link: TouchArcade Launches a Universal Update for its iOS Game Review and Discovery App

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
A big 'MEH' from me. Nice try with the advert, but probably would have got a bit more attention if the iPhone 5 event hadn't been announced ;)

metalsquid

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2008
Finally!!

Been waiting for this to drop for a while now. Don't know what the hell is the first three posters' problem, the TA app saves a ton of money. Just add stuff to your watchlist and then wait till it notifies you of a price drop and pick it up for 99¢ or free in most cases. Now i can use it on my iPad instead of the tiny iPhone screen to read reviews. Wicked.

Oh well, carry on being excited about the announcement of an event whose date had been largely predicted anyway I guess :rolleyes:

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Finally!!

Been waiting for this to drop for a while now. Don't know what the hell is the first three posters' problem, the TA app saves a ton of money. Just add stuff to your watchlist and then wait till it notifies you of a price drop and pick it up for 99¢ or free in most cases. Now i can use it on my iPad instead of the tiny iPhone screen to read reviews. Wicked.

Oh well, carry on being excited about the announcement of an event whose date had been largely predicted anyway I guess :rolleyes:
I'm in complete agreement - this badly needed an iPad version, especially with the retina iPad out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.