Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inositle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Wooo! I finally made the switch... well almost. I went into the apple store last friday to buy a 14" iBook on the tax-free weekend deal but they didn't have the new models in without the Superdrive (don't need, already have a dvd-rw in my pc and it was $90 to save).

Only problem now is that they said that Apple got like 6000 orders that weekend from all the tax free weekends and I still haven't gotten an e-mail confirmation. :( They ordered through the store so I don't have any way to check order status until I get an e-mail (supposedly should be here by tomorrow they said), ugh waiting sucks!

Did anybody else order an iBook last weekend? Have any of you guys gotten a confirmation or whatnot from Apple yet?

At least it's given me time to scope out all the cool programs I need to download/buy before I get the laptop... any suggestions of stuff to get? I'm leaving for college Saturday as a CompSci major so that just adds to the wait(having to come back now to pick up my comp).

Oh well, I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait. Just wanted to vent my frustration and maybe get some info from others lol. :)

inositle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Dang, just got a call back from the store and they finally got my order processed and it's being built but won't ship out till the 18th at latest.

Looks like I'll be coming home from college sooner than expected.

Also, it says that shipping is "Bestway" on my order status... what kind of shipping would this be? Overnight? 2day? 1 week? lol

inositle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Woo, shipped a few days early. How long does it typically take FedEx to deliver Apple stuff from Shanghai, China? Their email support said 3-5biz days, wasn't sure if that was optimistic or not...

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
inositle said:
Woo, shipped a few days early. How long does it typically take FedEx to deliver Apple stuff from Shanghai, China? Their email support said 3-5biz days, wasn't sure if that was optimistic or not...

Mine shipped in 1-3 buisness days (I paid for 1-3) so your's wont be longer than 3-5 buiz days *if there are NO delays*

Delays as in customs (international shipment)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.