PDA

View Full Version : Protools users! HELP!

goodguyjames
Aug 12, 2005, 01:50 AM
Hi there! Im using protools 6.4 with a Digi 002 rack in a home studio. Im running an iMac G5 and have purchased an external harddrive where I want to be sending my raw audio data. Protools however, will not recognize this removable media as a "Recording Volume". How do I format this unit so I can use it during real-time recording? Or is this a software conflict? please advise!

pulsewidth947
Aug 12, 2005, 02:47 AM
Might be worth moving this thread to Digital Audio. Other than that Digidesigns web site has some great help on there. Sorry I cant help, its been a year since I used Pro Tools!

.:*Robot Boy*:.
Aug 12, 2005, 04:38 AM
Some more information would be handy. What operating system are you using? Assuming that you're using Panther with 6.4, you should format your external drive as Mac OS Extended (non-journaled).

When you open up Pro Tools, go in to Windows > Workspace Browser (... I think) and you should see your internal drive and you external drive. A 'T' beside it indicates that it's a Transfer Volume, a 'P' indicates that it's a Playback Volume, and an 'R' indicates that it's a Record Volume. If the letter next to you drive is a T or a P, click on the letter and change it to an R.

Let us know how you get on.