PDA

View Full Version : I know how to beat the iPod, iTunes and Apple

jvaska
Aug 12, 2005, 08:20 AM
Sony and the rest of the industry, I hope you are listening, this is how you can beat Apple.

1) Create your own DRM...anything you want...it doesn't matter.
2) Design and give away mp3 players and the software for FREE. I would guess a hundred million for starters (is that too many?). The design doesn't matter...because design is not important to most people.
3) Launch an online store and sell your DRM'd music for the same or less than iTunes. Of course, the physical cd's get this DRM as well.

(All this talk from people about giving away music for free in the future is completely baloney - the artists clearly want to make sure they still recieve a few pennies for every album they sell. Get your lawyers charged up to protect them or I mean you. I hear litigation will be free in the future however.)

Very simple.

For my grand idea, you can send the check to me via PM.

Thank you.

Ps: Oh yeah, when you realize that Apple isn't making a magical amount of cash via iTunes what will you do then? I guess you could raise prices...again...on the folks who love music.

Pps: Perhaps you should just give up now.

stridey
Aug 12, 2005, 08:22 AM
The design doesn't matter...because design is not important to most people.

Really? How did the iPod get so popular in the first place then?

mad jew
Aug 12, 2005, 08:23 AM
Have you been into the Sarcastic Juice™ again stridey and jvaska?

stridey
Aug 12, 2005, 08:23 AM
Have you been into the Sarcastic Juice™ again stridey?

I...

I'm ashamed. :o ;)

jvaska
Aug 12, 2005, 08:33 AM
Bill G. just pm'd me and he says that they have already patented the above proposal. This is apparently the patent pending description:

10 Destroy Apple DRM
20 goto 10

I was told that I should move to Brazil and hide because the attorneys are coming now. Apparently they also hold a patent on the concept of BS postings on the net.

;)

devilot
Aug 12, 2005, 08:40 AM
(All this talk from people about giving away music for free in the future is completely baloney - the artists clearly want to make sure they still recieve a few pennies for every album they sell. Get your lawyers charged up to protect them or I mean you. I hear litigation will be free in the future however.)
Just a side note, the record labels get the bulk of the $ from CD sales and whatnot.... not the artists (unless they own the full rights or made their own label; but there are few artists who do).