PDA

View Full Version : Basic network with problems streaming to ATV2

BleedingHawkeye
Sep 5, 2012, 08:16 AM
Hi to all, new to the forum!

I have an issue regarding a setup i have in order to share media over a basic home network. I am a bit of a noob so apologies in advance if i have posted incorrectly or not given enough details.

I am attempting to use my jailbroken appletv2 to stream media from an external hard drive attached to an airport extreme and bt home hub3.

The problem i am encountering is the appletv2 with firecore media player installed. It finds my airport extreme and even highlights the hard drive attached, it just does not show any files present on the hard drive?

Ive tried all i can think of to remedy this situation, such as reformatting the hard drive and changing file share options, but nothing seems to work.

Im not sure i have the best setup for the airport extreme, as there are options i am not too familiar with (for example either create a new network or extend one), ive basically just connected it to the existing router and set it up as a new wifi connection?? I then plug in a lacie hard drive in to the extreme?? TheMBP recognises the hard drive and i can read media from the MBP, if that has any bearing?

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated...

thank you...

Emilio G
Sep 10, 2012, 06:53 PM
Hawkeye,

If you can furnish us with a little bit more information, it would help out.

Why are you connecting two routers?
Are you trying to let your router be your media server?
Do the files play fine on a computer?