Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stimsonm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
I've been using smb to mount a drive from my mac to iis and its worked great for the past year but yesterday I came to work and I will do a ctrl k at a finder window and put in smb://server/share like i always do and it will see the server and ask for username and pass and as soon as i put in the credentials it shakes like i typed in the wrong password but it's correct.

What can I do?

Thanks

Tooth DeKay

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2012
I've been using smb to mount a drive from my mac to iis and its worked great for the past year but yesterday I came to work and I will do a ctrl k at a finder window and put in smb://server/share like i always do and it will see the server and ask for username and pass and as soon as i put in the credentials it shakes like i typed in the wrong password but it's correct.

What can I do?

Thanks

Are you sure your password hasn't expired in AD?
This happens a lot at work with the Mac's that are not bound to the network.
When not bound you don't get the notification that your password is about to expire so they have no idea till it happens and they get locked out.

stimsonm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
Are you sure your password hasn't expired in AD?
This happens a lot at work with the Mac's that are not bound to the network.
When not bound you don't get the notification that your password is about to expire so they have no idea till it happens and they get locked out.

I'm positive it hasn't expired, I use the same login in other places and it works fine.

Tooth DeKay

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2012
I'm positive it hasn't expired, I use the same login in other places and it works fine.

Try checking with IT, they may have changed permissions on the folder you are trying to mount.
Can you access it from a Windows machine with the same credentials?

stimsonm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
Try checking with IT, they may have changed permissions on the folder you are trying to mount.
Can you access it from a Windows machine with the same credentials?

yes, i can get to it from windows machine with same credentials and IT said they didnt do anything, I did notice that the 10.8.1 osx update addressed an smb issue, i wonder if it could of broken it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.