PDA

View Full Version : download locations from different URLs

wootalicious
Sep 5, 2012, 11:25 AM
is there any way to specify where i want certain files downloaded from specific URLs?

for instance... i want files that i download from my schools website to go to a certain location without being asked where to download the file each time or having to download and then drag+drop.

does that make sense?

i am using Safari as my main browser but i download so many files for classes that i am willing to switch browsers if its possible on other browsers and not safari.

thanks for the help.
~BK

GGJstudios
Sep 5, 2012, 11:27 AM
is there any way to specify where i want certain files downloaded from specific URLs?

for instance... i want files that i download from my schools website to go to a certain location without being asked where to download the file each time or having to download and then drag+drop.
No, Safari, like other browsers, gives you the option to select the default download location, but it's not site-specific. The default location applies to all downloads, unless you manually select otherwise.

wootalicious
Sep 5, 2012, 11:34 AM
No, Safari, like other browsers, gives you the option to select the default download location, but it's not site-specific. The default location applies to all downloads, unless you manually select otherwise.

there isn't any third party extensions, softwares, or "hacks" to do this?

thanks for the quick reply. i wasn't expecting there to be anything to do this, i just gets a little annoying and monotonous after downloading so many files.

GGJstudios
Sep 5, 2012, 11:35 AM
there isn't any third party extensions, softwares, or "hacks" to do this?
I've never heard of any.

wootalicious
Sep 5, 2012, 11:38 AM
I've never heard of any.

thanks!