Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
I may. But the thickness and glossy back bother me, and I'm also uncertain about Windows Phone 8.

rotobadger

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
I had the 900 for a month or so. GREAT screen and a really nice looking phone. Ended up walking away from it (sold it on Ebay) as the app selection was horrid. Many of the apps I downloaded were poorly programmed and buggy. Facebook was pretty darn bad. Also, at the time, it only can in 16GB version which was a bit tight for me.

The 920 looks tempting but the lack of apps is a killer. Still, the UI was buttery smooth and, at the very least, right on par with iOS in my opinion.

Very attractive phone though. It looks tempting in pictures for sure...

bkushner

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2011
No, I sold my iphone 4 s 45 days ago and am using a Nexus. Nice phone with great screen which I will miss but I feel totally isolated with it. I miss the Apple infrastructure of syncing my data etc.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
I may pick up a WP8 device. Either the Lumia 920 or the Samsung Ativ S. I'm curious to see how Microsoft has improved WP.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Yes, I probably will pick up a used Window's 8 phone at some point.

Nokia most likely.

It's not a priority, but I am intrigued.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
I used a Windows Phone for a little while, and while the layout was new and refreshing, the novelty of it wore off surprisingly fast, and I grew to dislike it. It just got to a point where all the large tiles felt like they were "blocking" me from using the phone; almost as if obscuring my view and access to the phone's features and apps. It's bizarre, I know, but yeah. And the lack of apps was a serious problem too.

Renzatic

Suspended
It just got to a point where all the large tiles felt like they were "blocking" me from using the phone; almost as if obscuring my view and access to the phone's features and apps. It's bizarre, I know, but yeah. And the lack of apps was a serious problem too.

You might like WP8 then. Instead of having the one tile size, you can shrink the tiles to be roughly the size of an iOS/Android icon, or as big as two default sized tiles.

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010
LOL... NO!

Windows Phone is horrible.

I like how it's praised for having a great UI, yet open the browser and you have to go menus deep to switch tabs or refresh the page.

Faux Carnival

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
LOL... NO!

Windows Phone is horrible.

I like how it's praised for having a great UI, yet open the browser and you have to go menus deep to switch tabs or refresh the page.

You don't know what you are talking about. Watch some Windows Phone 8 videos, especially browser videos. You'll see what a mobile browser should be like.

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
I had a friend who was very eager to buy one because with it he can install JB on it, but that not withstanding, he is very disgusted with their release date ambiguity. So is unlikely to buy it.

I think they look neat and if I wasn't enjoying my current phone so much I would love to have one to play around with.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
I've gone from hardly interested two months ago, to definitely buying one upon release. It will be fresh, fun & exciting no matter the outcome. I've still got my SGS III on it's own line.

The deal _Maker_ for me is the gorgeous large display.

Had Apple given us a comparable display on the iPhone 5, or whatever they decide to call it, I wouldn't look at anything else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.