Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

schimmel

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Sweden
Hi folks,

A client & friend is setting up a (swedish) business renting and selling apartments mainly on Canary Islands.

Based on the following keywords I've made this logo.

- trustworthy
- warm
- welcoming
- semi-luxurious
- relaxed (but still serious and trustworthy, which is somewhat of a conflict)

What are your opinions? Does it communicate what kind of company it is, will it scale well, and so on?

Thanks

Attachments

• sibelle_taglogo.jpg
    sibelle_taglogo.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 127

Flux.Capacitor

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2012
Looks good. Clean, professional, color selection will work well both in color or Grey - B/W print. The palm tree gives it an "Island Feel". Only question I would ask you is the palm card being a little far detached from the logo. Seems liiiitle bit too far off? Or was there a reason for that? I Wouldn't want it TOO much closer though.

Stellarola

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2008
Looks good. Clean, professional, color selection will work well both in color or Grey - B/W print. The palm tree gives it an "Island Feel". Only question I would ask you is the palm card being a little far detached from the logo. Seems liiiitle bit too far off? Or was there a reason for that? I Wouldn't want it TOO much closer though.

I agree, the logo appears to be too distant from the right side. It could be tighter. Think about all the different mediums (print, digital, etc) this logo could be featured and if it'll be easy to fit into most, if not all of them. I'm just thinking about this only for advertisement purposes.

-Stell

citizenzen

macrumors 68000
Mar 22, 2010
I agree, the logo appears to be too distant from the right side. It could be tighter.

Tighter is right.

It looks like somebody took the components on the space shuttle, let them go and they just started floating away.

vigorblade

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2008
New York, NY
The elements of this logo should complement, not compete

I looked at this logo and the word "detached" came to mind, then I read the replies and saw that a few others used the same word to describe how they felt.

What I see happening is that you have unintentionally created elements of two logos. The way your logo elements are composed in relations to each other, I find that my attention is being pulled in separate directions. You have to make it so that the elements in the logo complement and not compete within your concept.

I have designed logos for over ten years, so I understand the challenges that you face and i understand how you can develop a type of tunnel vision when working on a project, so you did the right thing to ask for feedback. It also helps to get away from it for a while and revisit with fresher eyes.

Keep at it !

nfable

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2007
Integrate man! Make the whole thing on the key fob - addition of key optional. So a clocked rectangle featuring the palm with the typography horizontal. Just a thought to maximize use of space.

nf

citizenzen

macrumors 68000
Mar 22, 2010
Just looking at the palm reminds me of the shape of an 'l'. <-- (lower case 'L' not a capital 'i')

I'm not saying ... I'm just saying.

schimmel

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Sweden
Thanks for the comments, they are of sense-making character indeed. I shall work on integrating the whole thing more.

Flux.Capacitor

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2012
Thanks for the comments, they are of sense-making character indeed. I shall work on integrating the whole thing more.

Good luck! And excellent post and suggestion by vigorblade. step away for a day and look at it with fresh eyes then ask yourself the same question you posted here. :)

fig

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2012
Austin, TX
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not following the connection of the "tag" element to the concept of apartments. Agreed on it feeling disconnected, the loop coming off of the tag also needs a bit of work as it seems a bit rough (no offense intended).

Nice job on the type selection, I'd go with a slightly heavier weight on the sans for the tagline though. I might adjust the palm tree a bit too, I keep seeing this kinda awkward V shape in the middle of it. I'd like to see it either more uniform on top or flatter overall.

That's being picky though, in general this is a nice look and you've done a good job with it.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Hi folks,

A client & friend is setting up a (swedish) business renting and selling apartments mainly on Canary Islands.

Based on the following keywords I've made this logo.

- trustworthy
- warm
- welcoming
- semi-luxurious
- relaxed (but still serious and trustworthy, which is somewhat of a conflict)

What are your opinions? Does it communicate what kind of company it is, will it scale well, and so on?

Thanks

I agree that the elements of the logo seem disconnected, so much that I clicked on each thinking they were variations on a theme. Pull it together into a single visual unit and let us see what you come up with.

Is the palm card supposed to be a key card or door hanger? It's hard to tell and it doesn't seem to relate to "rentals" very well. I like the color and design OK, just make it look more like it goes with the topic. Maybe add "Välkommen" (welcome) to the card?

Dale

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.