PDA

View Full Version : any way to run powerbook just on 2005fpw?

orijinal
Aug 12, 2005, 08:51 PM
so that the taskbar, dock, everything is on the screen?

also, is there any way i could get my powerbook to use my 2005fpw's color profile? like could i duplicate the profile and put it as my laptops?

TheMonarch
Aug 12, 2005, 08:53 PM
Go to prefs> displays> drag the menu bar to desired screen (the one with the while bar on the two screens)

PS. Search next time ;)

vniow
Aug 12, 2005, 08:55 PM
Go to Displays in Syetem Preferences, drag the teeny title bar on your main screen over the the Dell and you've got that as your main screen. As for colour profiles, I would suggest that you make a new one for the Dell since its an entirely different screen than the Powerbook display.

Cheers,

-Ani

orijinal
Aug 12, 2005, 09:45 PM
its just that sometimes the search is so vague (after using other forums with the same board format)

thanks for the prompt answers though guys.

.Andy
Aug 12, 2005, 09:52 PM
so that the taskbar, dock, everything is on the screen?

also, is there any way i could get my powerbook to use my 2005fpw's color profile? like could i duplicate the profile and put it as my laptops?
If you just want to run your 2005 as your only display whilst you lappy is in clamshell you don't need to drag anything across. All you need to do is plug in the monitor, an external mouse, and an external keyboard. Then wake up your book using the external keyboard (whilst still in clamshell mode) and bobs your uncle. This will also devote all your vid card to the 2005 :).

And yeah I think the search function bites 90% of the time as well!