Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmpotash

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Sorry for the newbe question:
I use iCloud only for a few Pages documents, just in case my computer crashes or is stolen. When I use Pages to add to or modify a document it doesn't show the change in iCloud.
The help section saids "you can edit the document from any iOS device, and the document is updated in iCloud and all other iOS devices." But this isn't happening. How can I sych? I've tried "save" in Pages but that only changes it in "My Documents".

Last edited:

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Are you using Mountain Lion? If so, choose File -> Move To… and choose iCloud in the drop down menu that will in the dialog box that appears.

If not, you'll have to upgrade or I believe you can manually upload via iCloud.com.

jW

mmpotash

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
iCloud

I tried that and it moves it correctly to iCloud, but it takes it out of "My Documents" on my iMac. I want it in both. And yes, I have Mountain Lion.

mmpotash

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
iCloud

I found a way, although it is awkward. I made a "duplicate" in iClound, then moved the duplicate to "Documents" Now I have it on both. A bit clumsy but since I only have 6 documents stored in iCloud, it will work.

thunderbunny

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Cheshire, UK
But they are separate files. You'd have to make the same changes to both if you edit them, they won't be synced with each other in any way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.