Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cirial

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Pompano Beach, FL
I've looked all over ebay, and Google hasnt turned up very many results for a CLEAR, cheaper alternative to Invisishield/wrapsol. Only thing on ebay I can find are a bunch of colored, designer, carbon fiber or fake brushed skins.

It just seems like no one sells a really cheap (less than $15 or $20) alternative to the $50-$60 clear skin products available from the name brand guys.

I just find it such a waste of money to purchase 2 pieces of vinyl for these prices.

Anyone have any other solutions?

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2011
Those are great products, and worth it, but I think BestSkinsEver has the cheapest prices for a reasonably good product, like the previous poster said. I also like icarbons.com.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
They're all a huge waste of money for all but those who sit and stare at their Mac. If it's jewelry to you then spend away.

Me?

I manage to use mine for thousands of hours & still keep it looking fresh.

No coverings for me. It's the tool that serves me well.

boto

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2012
Get Wrapsol for the matte film protectors rather than glossy ones like BestSkin and InvisibleShield. I realize it is expensive, but you should be able to find some coupon codes, such as "facebook" to lower the cost. As for the films, I assure you it is worth your money to prevent scratches, improve grip, and retain the original appearance of the machine. In addition, the lifetime warranty will put your mind at ease in case you ever replace the machine or need a new set for any reason.

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2011
They're all a huge waste of money for all but those who sit and stare at their Mac. If it's jewelry to you then spend away.

Me?

I manage to use mine for thousands of hours & still keep it looking fresh.

No coverings for me. It's the tool that serves me well.

We get it - you dont value what these products deliver. But many people want them and like them (including me).

Geekbabe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2011
Get Wrapsol for the matte film protectors rather than glossy ones like BestSkin and InvisibleShield. I realize it is expensive, but you should be able to find some coupon codes, such as "facebook" to lower the cost. As for the films, I assure you it is worth your money to prevent scratches, improve grip, and retain the original appearance of the machine. In addition, the lifetime warranty will put your mind at ease in case you ever replace the machine or need a new set for any reason.

I really like my Wrapsol, my Air is almost a year old & in pristine condition because of it. Not having scratches on the case makes resale easier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.