PDA

View Full Version : Cheaper Invisishield/Wrapsol alternative?

cirial
Sep 7, 2012, 07:37 PM
I've looked all over ebay, and Google hasnt turned up very many results for a CLEAR, cheaper alternative to Invisishield/wrapsol. Only thing on ebay I can find are a bunch of colored, designer, carbon fiber or fake brushed skins.

It just seems like no one sells a really cheap (less than $15 or $20) alternative to the $50-$60 clear skin products available from the name brand guys.

I just find it such a waste of money to purchase 2 pieces of vinyl for these prices.

Anyone have any other solutions?

dade247
Sep 7, 2012, 07:41 PM
bestskinever has pretty cheap and good skins.

TheRealDamager
Sep 7, 2012, 08:29 PM
Those are great products, and worth it, but I think BestSkinsEver has the cheapest prices for a reasonably good product, like the previous poster said. I also like icarbons.com.

dbdynsty25
Sep 7, 2012, 09:25 PM
Those are great products, and worth it, but I think BestSkinsEver has the cheapest prices for a reasonably good product, like the previous poster said. I also like icarbons.com.

Always use BSE on the back of my iPads...so I image their MacBook stuff is quality as well.

ixodes
Sep 7, 2012, 10:31 PM
They're all a huge waste of money for all but those who sit and stare at their Mac. If it's jewelry to you then spend away.

Me?

I manage to use mine for thousands of hours & still keep it looking fresh.

No coverings for me. It's the tool that serves me well.

hrl
Sep 8, 2012, 05:07 AM
cut your own paint protection film. it's the exactly the same thing.

boto
Sep 8, 2012, 07:29 AM
Get Wrapsol for the matte film protectors rather than glossy ones like BestSkin and InvisibleShield. I realize it is expensive, but you should be able to find some coupon codes, such as "facebook" to lower the cost. As for the films, I assure you it is worth your money to prevent scratches, improve grip, and retain the original appearance of the machine. In addition, the lifetime warranty will put your mind at ease in case you ever replace the machine or need a new set for any reason.

slipper
Sep 8, 2012, 01:07 PM
I also think skins are wildly over-priced but between all the over-priced skins currently available, Wrapsol is by far the best. Best Skin Ever and Zagg completely ruins the look of your Apple device.

Pics of the Wrapsol:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1391371

TheRealDamager
Sep 9, 2012, 10:42 AM
They're all a huge waste of money for all but those who sit and stare at their Mac. If it's jewelry to you then spend away.

Me?

I manage to use mine for thousands of hours & still keep it looking fresh.

No coverings for me. It's the tool that serves me well.

We get it - you dont value what these products deliver. But many people want them and like them (including me).

Team Timm
Sep 9, 2012, 11:20 AM
I also think skins are wildly over-priced but between all the over-priced skins currently available, Wrapsol is by far the best. Best Skin Ever and Zagg completely ruins the look of your Apple device.

Pics of the Wrapsol:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1391371

+1. I Wrapsol all my iProducts. Lifetime warranty on them as well, can't beat that.

Geekbabe
Sep 9, 2012, 03:19 PM
Get Wrapsol for the matte film protectors rather than glossy ones like BestSkin and InvisibleShield. I realize it is expensive, but you should be able to find some coupon codes, such as "facebook" to lower the cost. As for the films, I assure you it is worth your money to prevent scratches, improve grip, and retain the original appearance of the machine. In addition, the lifetime warranty will put your mind at ease in case you ever replace the machine or need a new set for any reason.

I really like my Wrapsol, my Air is almost a year old & in pristine condition because of it. Not having scratches on the case makes resale easier.