Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SleeperService

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Hi All,

Just thought I would let you know that there is a Kickstarter project underway to fund a PC, Mac & Linux real time strategy game that is a spiritual successor to Total Annihilation which was a legendary Real Time Strategy game from the late 90's.

Project - Planetary Annihilation

The game is currently funded. There are, however, some awesome stretch goals that the Uber Entertainment team want to implement.

If you are a mac strategy gamer it is well worth a look!!

SS

Last edited:

SleeperService

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
You registered to promote your Kickstarter?

I registered because one of the comments on the PA KickStarter page said that mac users often got the short end of the stick when it comes to games.

From discussions with my mac using friends I remember this to be the case.

So the two reasons for me to post are
1. Interest more people in backing the project. Obviously a win for me - there are some great stretch goals that still need to be met.
2. Let Mac users know that there is a potentially great game on the way that they can get involved in. Hopefully a win for some mac users.

I am not affiliated with the PA KickStarter or Uber Entertainment in any way, apart from having backed the project.

SS

Last edited:

Wardenski

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2012
The project certainly looks interesting. I really like TA but support for the Mac version of TA was almost non-existent so I re-bought it for the PC.

At tauniverse they are releasing an unofficial 4.0 patch for TA which fixes path finding issues among other issues.

I will follow this game but I don't care if it doesn't come out for the Mac. I gave up gaming in OSX a long time ago.

SleeperService

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
The project certainly looks interesting. I really like TA but support for the Mac version of TA was almost non-existent so I re-bought it for the PC.

At tauniverse they are releasing an unofficial 4.0 patch for TA which fixes path finding issues among other issues.

I will follow this game but I don't care if it doesn't come out for the Mac. I gave up gaming in OSX a long time ago.

I didn't realize that the state of mac gaming was so bad. I guess with bootcamp flicking over to windows is probably not such a big deal.

Last edited:

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
I supported a kickstarter project for a game over a year ago, it was going to be released on the Apple App store etc, it still has not been released and is still in beta play online only.

Also supported a couple of hardware ones as well, one arrived and is OK, the other for the money it cost I feel is not good at all, it works but it seems cheaply made, and I wish I had got involved.

Because of those two experiences I will now no longer support kickstarter projects.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.