Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vdinc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Is anyone else having intermittent web cam problems? Some time when I open an app like facetime or skype it says no camera detected and I have to restart my computer

asting

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
I had my camera stop being detected. Are you on the latest SMC/PRAM version? If so, reset both of those. The next time the device isn't detected, go into the mac equivalent of device manager (apple->about this mac->more info i think) and see if the camera is detected under the usb section. If it is not, I would bring it in and have them replace it.

brbubba

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2006
Yep, same issue here, same system, same OS. Did you take yours to the apple store???

malawito

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2012
Also happened to me. Probably is just a software problem. In my case, only happen when resuming after a big sleep time.

brbubba

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2006
This is NOT a software problem, short of being the software in the OS. My 2012 11" Air is having the same issue. Just brought it in to see what's wrong and they are still figuring it out. My GF's 2011 13" air works flawlessly with the exact same software installed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.