Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bilalo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
Oxford, England
Hello all
I was wondering, I always share my location or send my location via whatsapp or viber or via the map app to my friends or family to show them where I am etc... also on facebook with each inbox mail and so on, when apple changes google maps to apple maps, will I still be able to share my location with people who DO NOT HAVE APPLE MAPS, like will it alone change to google on their phones? because im sure that they might have different details and things so will they work together ?:mad::mad:

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Hello all
I was wondering, I always share my location or send my location via whatsapp or viber or via the map app to my friends or family to show them where I am etc... also on facebook with each inbox mail and so on, when apple changes google maps to apple maps, will I still be able to share my location with people who DO NOT HAVE APPLE MAPS, like will it alone change to google on their phones? because im sure that they might have different details and things so will they work together ?:mad::mad:

Those apps get the GPS co-ordinates, which then translate to a location (app side). The transition to Apple/OSM from Google will not affect anything.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Hello all

You can share ios6 map locations with ios5 google maps and android maps applications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.