PDA

View Full Version : PowerBook G4 totally unresponsive

HellsR
Sep 10, 2012, 04:10 AM
Hope somebody can help with this as I'm having a mini heart attack!

My Mac is quite old now and needs to be plugged in at all times or it will die within 2 mins. I thought it was plugged in the other day while I was using it and it wasn't so died on me. Usually I plug it in for a few mins and it will come back on, but not this time. I have left it charging for over a day and still nothing.

The battery indicator green lights all light up so the battery appears to be fully charged and I assume this means the AC charger must be working. There are no signs of life on the computer. I have tried many combinations of taking the battery out, holding down the power button and tried the power management reset holding shift+control+option+power.

Still nothing! I desperately need it for my business :eek:

GoCubsGo
Sep 10, 2012, 04:25 AM
The fact is, the computer may have died. Your logic board may be shot. Did you try all the typical things like PMU and SMU reset? Did you remove the battery, plug it in, and try to start it? What rev
PowerBook?

HellsR
Sep 10, 2012, 04:35 AM
I believe I have tried the PMU and SMU resets and tried to start without the battery in. I am fearing the worst! Not sure what you meant by the last questions but it's a 15-inch, I think it was 1.25ghz but can't remember. It's the old one with no Intel. thanks for your help.

GoCubsGo
Sep 10, 2012, 04:38 AM
That's a bummer. It may be dead. Any chance you can remove the hard drive yourself and get your data? Always sad to see a dying or dead PowerBook.

HellsR
Sep 10, 2012, 05:04 AM
I'm super sad! Had it for 8 years so I suppose I got a good life out of it. Got most of it backed up already luckily. Might be off to the apple store for me then... And the bank :eek: thanks any way!