Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stormyguy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2002
UK (Sussex)
Hi all

Does anyone have a suggestion for a font as close as possible to the one shown below? A free to download font would be great and any links to a d/load would be even better.

Thanks in advance

font.jpg

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
American Typewriter (bold or condensed bold) is sort of close...

Edit: Cooper Black is pretty close, I think it might be that or a very similar font...

Edit 2: Wikipedia confirms that Cooper Black was popular in the 70s, too, and that looks like a 70s shirt... ;)

L

Lau

I'm also pretty sure that is Cooper Black. However, Goudy Extra Bold is also pretty close, just in case you already have that. Unfortunately, neither are free fonts.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 162

Stormyguy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2002
UK (Sussex)
Thanks guys - much appreciated.

I found a site where Cooper Black was available as a free download so it's all good....

Now I have the problem that the t-shirt I wanted to print on is black and even though I have bought dark t-shirt transfer paper especially for the job, I find I would have to cut out each letter and iron them on individually as this type of paper still has a white background by default (so really no different to ordinary transfer paper)! :mad:

Oh well, at least I have the font for future use! :)

Thanks again for the help.

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2005
Stormyguy said:
Now I have the problem that the t-shirt I wanted to print on is black and even though I have bought dark t-shirt transfer paper especially for the job, I find I would have to cut out each letter and iron them on individually as this type of paper still has a white background by default (so really no different to ordinary transfer paper)! :mad:
Why not stencil it on? It'll last longer, look nicer, and generally rock more :)

Heres some links for you:
http://www.stencilrevolution.com/tutorials/tutorialsview.php?id=2
http://www.stencilrevolution.com/tutorials/tutorialsview.php?id=7

Stormyguy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2002
UK (Sussex)

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2005
Stormyguy said:
Hey, these are great links, thankyouverymuch. I have an art store right next door to my company that I know will have all this stuff - I may just have to give this a go!
Its well worth giving it a go. Who knows, maybe you'll discover you have a hidden talent for designing t-shirts? Even if you dont, you'll probably have fun doing it and decide to do some more :)

Theres some great tshirts in the gallery of that website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.