Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbax81

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2012
Calgary, CANADA
Hello all,
I recently had a new logic board & top cover installed on my 2009 White 13" Macbook. I brought the macbook home and after about 20 minutes of use I got the dreaded white screen. After many reboots and still getting the white screen I brought the macbook back to the apple service center. The gentlmen working at Apple ran a couple quick test and determined that the new logic board had failed. I had bought the logic board off of ebay, contacted the seller and was only able to get a refund as that was his last logic board of that perticular model he had in stock.
ANYWAY, I have been out of town for four days immediatly following this incident and upon my return I attempted to turn my macbook on just to see. And it TURNED ON! worked just fine for about a week then crashed AGAIN. So I brought it back to the apple store and the same worker stated that he wasn't God and could not explain to me what happened. He said it was probably my logic boards last breath of air before death.
Has anyone ever heard of this happening? The logic board dies then comes back to life for a brief period of time? I'm about to give up on my poor computer and start saving for a MBP but if any one out there has some sort of advice it would be greatly appreciated. I'll try anything at this point!
Thanks for reading :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.