Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thefatkid007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2012
I noticed today FaceTime over 3G is no longer popping up with a dialog box about contacting my carrier. It now works. I'm using iOS6, 4S, at@t on a shared data plan. Just started working today for me

apb89

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2012
I noticed today FaceTime over 3G is no longer popping up with a dialog box about contacting my carrier. It now works. I'm using iOS6, 4S, at@t on a shared data plan. Just started working today for me

Well, you're on a shared data plan so no wonder it's working.

thefatkid007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2012
I've had the shared data plan for almost 2 weeks now, just started working today. Wouldn't work before, got a nag message about contacting AT&T. They literally enabled it today

ben824

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2012
GA
We switched to the shared plan maybe 2 weeks ago and it started working immediately for me.

ThisIsNotMe

Suspended
Aug 11, 2008
Apple should really get kicked in the nuts for even making this an issue.
The carriers undermine Apple left and right by actively promoting Android (TV/Print/ect) and push it in their stores yet Apple continues to cowtow to their 'needs' regarding the limiting of data while Android goes unchecked.

Duke&tank

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2009
I've had the shared data plan for almost 2 weeks now, just started working today. Wouldn't work before, got a nag message about contacting AT&T. They literally enabled it today

I had the same problem when I got the shared data plan about 3 days after it they started that plan and it dident work till I reseted the network settings "got it working same day"

Aaron

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.