Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
Hi Guys,

I've got a Macbook Pro 17" Early 2008, and I use primarily Fireworks CS6 for my work, the problem I'm having is the colours look over-saturated on Photoshop & Preview..

On Fireworks & Safari the colours look normal.. Anyone know how to go about fixing this problem?

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
It's an odd combination (photoshop and preview). I don't think an incorrectly embedded profile would do that. If your applications span more than one display, it can cause problems for Preview/photoshop as they're color managed applications. Safari technically is too, but I'm not sure if it works the same way.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
It's common, you're probably mis-matching colour profiles (e.g. working withing CMYK colourspace when it should be RGB).

But the following links might shed some light on the issue. Linky 1 and Linky 2

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
It's common, you're probably mis-matching colour profiles (e.g. working withing CMYK colourspace when it should be RGB).

But the following links might shed some light on the issue. Linky 1 and Linky 2

Thanks that fixed colours in Photoshop.. But Quick Look & Preview still display's my work over-saturated.. I haven't messed with the display profiles..

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
Thanks that fixed colours in Photoshop.. But Quick Look & Preview still display's my work over-saturated.. I haven't messed with the display profiles..

I'd try toggling the colour in View > Proof Setup > Monitor RGB and View > Proof Colours that might indicate how the colour is working within your profiles, I actually think it may not be incorrect colour just the working colour profile being embedded into the file thus the perception of the shift.

zombiecakes

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2012
Go to edit>color settings, choose your monitor profile for RGB. Then select monitor color under proof setup and then when saving for web uncheck srgb and choose monitor color under preview. When creating new files choose "dont color manage"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.