PDA

View Full Version : Bent & Broken pin of USB port: not working anymore

spawnfreak
Sep 11, 2012, 08:34 AM
Hey guys, the good old bent pins problem of macbook air's USB port is back. This time, it has hit me hard and the last pin inside the port broke therefore its useless now... any suggestions?356746

aarond12
Sep 11, 2012, 08:51 AM
You talk about a USB port problem, then show us photos of an Apple USB drive. Please explain your issue more clearly.

jbzcar
Sep 11, 2012, 09:26 AM
You talk about a USB port problem, then show us photos of an Apple USB drive. Please explain your issue more clearly.

The first picture shows the broken pin from the USB port of their MBA.

cvaldes
Sep 11, 2012, 10:34 AM
I suggest you get it repaired at an Apple Authorized Service Center (a.k.a. third-party repair shop) and take a little more care when you are using USB peripherals and cables.

I've used PCs with USB ports for well over a decade and I have never broken an USB port. What the hell are you doing to snap pins?

aarond12
Sep 11, 2012, 10:54 AM
The first picture shows the broken pin from the USB port of their MBA.
Thank you. I didn't understand what I was seeing. Looked like a nick out of the USB casing. Might have been clearer if a picture of the USB port in question was shown.
I've used PCs with USB ports for well over a decade and I have never broken an USB port. What the hell are you doing to snap pins?
Agreed! Bad luck or abuse?

Mrbobb
Sep 11, 2012, 11:43 AM
Air's parts are no generic, they are custom made. If ur lucky ifixit.com would have the part for u. Failing that, try eBay. If found, expect to pay more than $10. All of that is, if ur comfortable opening up the machine yourself.