PDA

View Full Version : Rolling back Generic Printer Drivers

crunky
Sep 11, 2012, 09:04 PM
I have an Epson workforce 545 printer and recently updates were installed that were meant to be an updated driver for this printer. It was just generic print drivers that Apple have pushed out that are not officially supported by Epson themselves.
I have deleted the location I believe that the drivers are stored through my user account after searching online. But this still has the drivers revert to the generic apple version (I suspect due to it being v9) so it's higher.

I have phoned applecare to see if they had a solution for me but all they could offer was an escalation to the Engineering department whom would get back to me but they are yet to.

I'm wanting to use the Epson official drivers to enable me to print double sided which the generic drivers apple do not support.

Any help would be great! Note: Running OSX Lion

crunky
Sep 12, 2012, 03:34 AM
SOLVED:
I had another look around and found a .gz in the Library\Printers\PPDs\Content\Resources\ which was labelled EPSON WorkfForce 545.gz

The above explains why it would always default to it and I couldn't workout whether they were cached somewhere!

So I deleted it and re-installed the driver after and it finally was removed for good and now the correct version was installed.