PDA

View Full Version : More Terror warnings...

jrv3034
Nov 15, 2002, 11:59 AM
It just doesen't stop, does it.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/11/15/terror.warning/index.html

You know, I live in NYC, and stuff like this really makes me think about moving to Iowa or somewhere less "attractive" to potential attackers.

Mr. Anderson
Nov 15, 2002, 12:16 PM
If we get attacked again, I don't think its going to be NYC or DC, more likely somewhere else, maybe even someplace in Europe.

I just hope any plans are discovered early and shut down. It truly is sorry that these terrorists want to kill so many innocent people.

D

alex_ant
Nov 15, 2002, 04:30 PM
There will always be terror warnings. "Spectacular attacks" happening any day now but we don't know when! If that weren't the case, the US Government would have no power over its citizens. What kind of support would there be for giving power to the government and surrendering one's own rights and freedoms if doing so were not necessary in the never-ending War on Terror? If you haven't read 1984 by now, you need to.

rjrufo
Nov 15, 2002, 08:47 PM
Iowa? Where's that?

Over Achiever
Nov 15, 2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by jrv3034
stuff like this really makes me think about moving to Iowa or somewhere less "attractive" to potential attackers.

Makes me feel safe here in Minnesota! ":rolleyes: :) :D
:p :p :p :p :p

iMac
Nov 15, 2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by jrv3034
It just doesen't stop, does it.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/11/15/terror.warning/index.html

You know, I live in NYC, and stuff like this really makes me think about moving to Iowa or somewhere less "attractive" to potential attackers.

I hate to say it, but if it's on the east coast, it's looking pretty bad for Philadelphia, Boston, and somewhere on the southern east coast. I doubt that they would strike NYC or DC again, but there is always the chance. I hate having to live in fear of this @$$holes who think it's okay to kill people b/c they have different beliefs. Tisk

Cappy
Nov 15, 2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Over Achiever

Makes me feel safe here in Minnesota! ":rolleyes: :) :D
:p :p :p :p :p

Just about every state has something that could attract terrorists. In Minnesota's case it would probably be the Mall of America around xmas time. Not trying to spead panic but everyone needs to be alert to things going on.

Mr. Anderson
Nov 16, 2002, 09:15 AM
If they go with conventional bombs, a container on a ship would be a likely possiblity, so I imagine a port city would have a little more to worry about. But they're also saying that smaller aircraft are still a problem as well.

One of the projects at my work requires us to be at National Airport in DC, in the old hangars that were used for business jets and private aircraft. It doesn't look like private planes will ever fly out of National again.

D

iMac
Nov 16, 2002, 09:22 AM
That's true, most states do. But, I just tried to name something in every state, and I just determined the most useless state in the union is:

ARKANSAS lol

What, oh, yeah, Bill Clinton is from there, THAT ONLY FURTHER PROVES MY POINT! j/k lol

I am a democrat.

job
Nov 16, 2002, 02:36 PM
I could see terrorists using sarin like that one doomsday cult did in Japan.

Imagine if they hit the subways in New York or LA with that stuff.

iMac
Nov 16, 2002, 02:41 PM
oh gawd, that'd be BAD! I hate the whole thought of terrorists, they are so creepy. Also, I am surprised, however, that the Homeland Security Director (Tom Ridge (R) Former Penna. Gov) doesn't have us on red alert, but only yelllow. Hmm.