PDA

View Full Version : Had to PRY my battery out of Ibook

LanGamer
Aug 15, 2005, 01:15 AM
Hey all, Just got my new Ibook and bought a stick of 512MB RAM. When I unlatched the lock for the battery, the battery wouldn't come out. So after about an hour of playing with it I had to basically pry it out with a guitar pick and then eventually my hand. It was a terrible experience since my baby is only couple weeks old. Anyways I ended up practically ripping the casing of the battery off and exposing the cells. I didn't know if exposing the cells to air was a big deal or not. Everything seems to be working fine and I got xbattery running and my capacities and voltages seem to be fine. I sanded the battery where it got caught. Anways I'm glad the ibook made it through the ordeal.

-Jason

iEdd
Aug 15, 2005, 02:19 AM
LOL. Did you unlatch the lock all the way??? :D

Otherwise they owe you... lol

LanGamer
Aug 15, 2005, 02:25 AM
lol yea i checked that latch like a hundred times. but it was unlocked all the way. It wasn't caught on that. If you take your battery out you can see that the battery has two casings that are snapped or fastened together. where those two casings come together got caught inside the laptop casing. It formed a lip. wow its late

-jason

Lazyhound
Aug 15, 2005, 11:10 PM
I didn't know if exposing the cells to air was a big deal or not.
Air, not so much. Water, don't get me started.