Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jman240

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 26, 2009
Previous iOS releases have always coincided with new hardware and therefore have also, usually, limited what software features make it onto older hardware. For instance, the 3GS cannot do location based reminders, 4 can't do dictation, etc.

What do you think the 5 will have in software that the 4S will get left out of. So far I can't seem to find anything. I thought for sure it would be panorama but according to Apple.com it will also be on the 4S.

RyCan3

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2010
So you won't be able to snap a pic from a video on the iPhone 4S?

ashley1496

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
Does anyone know if the Shared Photo Stream will be available on the 4 or 4s? My mom is always bugging us about sharing photos. She has a 4, so I'm hoping it will be a supported feature.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
Does anyone know if the Shared Photo Stream will be available on the 4 or 4s? My mom is always bugging us about sharing photos. She has a 4, so I'm hoping it will be a supported feature.

Can confirm that this does work on the iPhone 4.

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
So you won't be able to snap a pic from a video on the iPhone 4S?

You don't snap a pic from a video, you are able to snap a full resolution pic WHILST recording a video. Massive difference.

And no, the 4S doesn't support this. (however Quickpix does (as pointed out by Narr) if u need that function)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.