PDA

View Full Version : Using CCC to restore ML backup to Lion Air

LSUtigers03
Sep 12, 2012, 07:54 PM
I made a backup last night of my Pro which has ML. Now I want to restore it to my Air which has Lion. I would prefer to keep Lion for now mainly because I don't like that ML removed the battery time left and my battery life was worse. If I try to do the restore will it screw anything up? Will it even let me? I assume that I can't or shouldn't do it but I thought I would ask.

tiwizard
Sep 12, 2012, 07:58 PM
I made a backup last night of my Pro which has ML. Now I want to restore it to my Air which has Lion. I would prefer to keep Lion for now mainly because I don't like that ML removed the battery time left and my battery life was worse. If I try to do the restore will it screw anything up? Will it even let me? I assume that I can't or shouldn't do it but I thought I would ask.

If you restore the cloned image (from Carbon Copy Cloner), the Macbook Air will have *everything* the Macbook Pro did, including apps, settings, and Mountain Lion. You have to migrate data a different way (Migration Assistant, but I'm not 100% sure that'll work from Mtn Lion to Lion).

LSUtigers03
Sep 12, 2012, 08:01 PM
If you restore the cloned image (from Carbon Copy Cloner), the Macbook Air will have *everything* the Macbook Pro did, including apps, settings, and Mountain Lion. You have to migrate data a different way (Migration Assistant, but I'm not 100% sure that'll work from Mtn Lion to Lion).

Ok thanks I'll just go back to ML. Looks like the battery issue will be fixed soon anyway with the new update.

tiwizard
Sep 12, 2012, 08:04 PM
Ok thanks I'll just go back to ML. Looks like the battery issue will be fixed soon anyway with the new update.

Yeah, it should be. If you want the remaining battery life time in your menu bar you may want to try iStat Menus (bjango.com/mac/istatmenus/). They have a trial if you want to try it out.