Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jetblk328i

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Hey guys,

I thought that with iOS6, imessage would be able to merge your phone number and your apple id so that when you receive messages from someone either using messages on Mac or iMessage on iPad, there is one continuous conversation, rather than starting another "convo" within messages...

After I downloaded the iOS6 GM, my friend messaged me with his mac, and i ended up getting another "convo..."

Is this going to be fixed with a Mountain lion update and if the iPad also has iOS 6?

Thanks!

Gemütlichkeit

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2010
I have one conversation on 10.8.2 12C50, but still got two conversations on iOS 6 GM.

sorry old thread bump but you are correct even after iOS 6 release

OSX message has it fixed but iOS still splits up contacts based on phone number and apple id :rolleyes:

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
Gemütlichkeit;17104792 said:
sorry old thread bump but you are correct even after iOS 6 release

OSX message has it fixed but iOS still splits up contacts based on phone number and apple id :rolleyes:

Yeah this is a really frustrating thorn in my side. No matter what I try I can't receive messages on all devices simultaneously.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.