Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What Color Will You Buy?

• Black

Votes: 93 44.1%
  • White

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Blue

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Yellow

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Pink

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • (Product) Red

Votes: 33 15.6%

• Total voters

ChelseaJK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2011
I thought about including an 'I'm not buying one' option, but if you were to buy, or are buying a new iPod Touch, what color are you choosing?
I'm just curious. :D
I think I'll buy the blue one…the black or white is nice, but I just love color, and since the front is white (if they kept just black or white I was going to pick white) I might as well get something with a color back. :p The blue (or red) I think is the most vibrant.

Those pink and yellow iPods are pretty 'meh' for me. It almost looks like they were originally grey, but they had a translucent color that they painted over it. To me they look almost…dirty? I'm not sure how to describe it.

What do you think?

(I'm sorry if there's already a thread dedicated to the colors; I looked & didn't see one.)

isthmus

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2012
I'll be getting the red one; I prefer the blue but I'd like some money to go to charity. :)

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
I like the blue and the black. The only problem with the blue is that I may not like it after a while. It looks nice but I may get bored of it pretty fast.

Why isn't the red shown on the Apple site. i only can find the pink one?

Aut

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2011
I'm going to get the black one. I would consider the blue if it weren't for the white bezel.

MrKennedy

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2011
I think I'm going to scoop up a black one. Seems redundant to have 2 similar iOS devices (4S), but I'd like the new touch to take over music duties and hold most of my collection.

shoes222

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2012
Exactly. From what I've seen on the internet, a LOT of people would be open to getting a different-colored iPod if the front was black instead of white.

I personally would have loved a silver iPod with a black front, to match my iPad.

ddhh77

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2012
Black and Yellow

I'm gonna get the yellow iPod touch with a black front screen because we all have to admit that black and yellow is like the best color combonation!

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
I'm gonna get the yellow iPod touch with a black front screen because we all have to admit that black and yellow is like the best color combonation!

Ugh. There is no other color combination I hate more (outside of being used in nature) than yellow and black. And as someone else said, there is no such combination available anyway. I would have enjoyed a red and black or a cobalt blue and black but no such luck.

ChelseaJK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2011
Why is there no sliver or plain aluminium in your poll???? I don't think white counts as it.

Yes, it does. On the Apple iPod page when you select that one it says 'White & Silver', so I just shortened it to white. *shrug*

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
Why do they not have green?? I think blue and white look the best out of the choices they give us.

Here are the colors BTW:
ipodtouch.jpg

apple_ipod_touch_5_color_choice_news.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.