Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
I was having Compass Interference problems and took my Sprint iPhone 4S to an Apple store. They did a complete restore of my iPhone and told me not to revert back to a stored backup.

My apps are all out of place now. Can I fix them now and they'll carry over to iOS 6 or would it be best to do a full install with it? I just don't want to waste time fixing it all and syncing music and photos if I'm going to have to do it all again in a week.

yaymath

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2011
I was having Compass Interference problems and took my Sprint iPhone 4S to an Apple store. They did a complete restore of my iPhone and told me not to revert back to a stored backup.

My apps are all out of place now. Can I fix them now and they'll carry over to iOS 6 or would it be best to do a full install with it? I just don't want to waste time fixing it all and syncing music and photos if I'm going to have to do it all again in a week.

You won't lose anything when you update iOS. So I would suggest to do it now while you wait for iOS 6 because, once it comes out, you'll only want to test out new features and you won't have time to make changes.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Thanks. I noticed when I go to settings to sync over wi-fi it's greyed out until I'm back within range of the Apple store.

Before I plug it into my MacBook to see if it'll fix it, should I do another restore using only my MacBook or just keep it with Apple's stuff?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.