Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
No plans on getting a case. I used skins on my 3rd gen Touch to protect the back from scratches and the front from finger prints. With the IPT5 changes to the construction (scratch resistant back and fingerprint resistant front), I don't believe I need anything.

I've been using an XtremeMac case on my 4th gen, It's survived a fair few drops with this case so I'd certainly recommend it and will probably get one for the new iPod.
That said, even with a case my last two models have managed to get all scratched up, so this time I'm definitely getting a skin to prolong that beautiful looking back.

steveLONDON

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
UK
I would need a 'folio' style case - I prefer opening it like a book and the cover can shade from sunlight and other people :)

I think I may get the 32Gb once I know there is a good case out as well.

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
I've seen a few but what's the point? It's so thin and light now that a case would double the weight. I can see getting skins and I have seen a few already on ebay. A slip pocket protector type case might be sensible too.

I've seen a few but what's the point? It's so thin and light now that a case would double the weight. I can see getting skins and I have seen a few already on ebay. A slip pocket protector type case might be sensible too.

To protect it? I'd be quite happy adding extra weight - the 4th gen is still a bit too light for my liking, but with the case it feels just right in my hand. And with the 5 set be thinner and lighter, I'm definitely getting an XtremeMac case.

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
I think a light slip or sleeve case would be nice for it but if I were to go heavier I would want one that has a belt loop and carry it that way. I think a book or pad style case makes no sense as it would just add bulk and make it less convenient to carry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.