Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

While Apple's shipping estimates on iPhone 5 pre-orders quickly slipped to two weeks just an hour after the online store reopened earlier, the company's U.S. carrier partners have seen their supplies holding up a bit better with continued estimates of delivery on launch day on September 21.

That appears to be changing now, as Verizon is the first of the three major U.S. carriers to see its shipping estimates slip with new pre-orders now estimated to arrive on September 26.

verizon_iphone_5_sep26.jpg

AT&T and Sprint are still citing September 21 availability, but it appears that customers may want to move quickly if they wish to obtain the iPhone 5 on launch day without waiting in line at retail stores.

Update 9:15 AM: While AT&T's site continues to cite delivery on September 21 for new pre-orders, a number of customers are reporting that their confirmation emails are quoting shipment in 14-21 business days.

Update 9:55 AM: AT&T's site is now quoting the 14-21 business day shipping estimate previously reported by some customers.

Article Link: New iPhone 5 Pre-orders Through Verizon Slip to September 26 Delivery [Update: AT&T at 14-21 Days]

Evmanw

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2010
I got mine from AT&T in the store today and they said that it would ship. In 14-21 buisiness days. They were a
So not clear if it is from now or from the launch day.

:confused::confused::confused:

Wthompso

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
Wow this was put up fast, I work at a verizon store and i just recieved an E-Mail saying the orders were pushed back, had a good turn out so far actually had some people camp out which i found sort of funny

dylanlive

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
San Francisco, Calif.
I just got back from an AT&T store - they told me pre-orders have slipped past the 9/21 release date. I can't remember the exact date he told me, but I think it was 12-14 days out now.

Edit: Evmanw's dates sound right. 14-21 buisiness days for AT&T

gbc204

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2011
I ordered mine before 4AM EDT last night, and got a Sept 21 "Deliver by" date. Woke up this morning, and now it's a Sept 26 "Ship by" date. What the F? Did I even need to stay up late? Hoping it's just a conservative, playing-it-safe estimate.
On the plus side, at least Verizon's site was up and ready for the launch. Another reason I'm switching from AT&T.

tkhan456

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
Also like to say that since AT&T screwed me over last night over the phone and online, I had to go to the store this AM. Their shipping estimates are currently 2-3wks when I preordered from the store at 10:00AM Eastern Time

samryanfilms

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2012
Did mine in the Verizon store at about 8:30am central. Said delivered by 9/21 but I'm not totally assured...

martygras9

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2007
Ordered mine at 3:15 this morning from Verizon. Took longer than expected because I had to cancel my transaction to sign up for the "Share Everything" BS. No way I'm paying full price for two iPhones. Had I not canceled the transaction prior to switching, Verizon was going to force my wife and I to have two completely separate data packages increasing the cost exponentially.

Andrewdodson

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
Denver, Colo.
The Problem with AT&T & Apple

I ran into a shipping address problem — wrote about it this morning at Blorge.com. The gist of it: I had an old billing address that they force you to ship to. I no longer live at that residence, and I've never had a problem because I pay my bills electronically.

But when I woke up early to buy off the Apple Store, it would only send to the billing address linked with my AT&T account. There's no way to edit this during checkout.

JoeHemi

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2010
Seattle, Wa
I preordered just after midnight (west coast) on verizon's site and got the order confirmation email right away. However, when I go to check the status it says it can't find the order. Is this the same for everyone else that ordered and created a new account on Verizon or did my order end up in the twilight zone?

dmelgar

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
I preordered just after midnight (west coast) on verizon's site and got the order confirmation email right away. However, when I go to check the status it says it can't find the order. Is this the same for everyone else that ordered and created a new account on Verizon or did my order end up in the twilight zone?

Same here. Not new account, but the order doesn't show up. But I have a confirmation email. Says 9/21.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010

Same here. Not new account, but the order doesn't show up. But I have a confirmation email. Says 9/21.

Use this link to check your order status, as the one in the email doesn't work: https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/iconic/screens/IconicSearchInit.do

iforbes

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2011
I ordered mine before 4AM EDT last night, and got a Sept 21 "Deliver by" date. Woke up this morning, and now it's a Sept 26 "Ship by" date. What the F? Did I even need to stay up late? Hoping it's just a conservative, playing-it-safe estimate.
On the plus side, at least Verizon's site was up and ready for the launch. Another reason I'm switching from AT&T.

Did you order through apple.com or verizonwireless.com? If through verizon, how do you see the deliver by date?

ataboc

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2007
Ca
I was able to preorder a 16 and 32 from AT&Ts premiere site this morning still stating:

Your iPhone has been reserved and should arrive as soon as Sept 21, 2012.

I really hope so!

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
Edit: Has no one noticed this?

Wow! Good catch. I'm thrilled to see that.

I'll definitely be getting the new iPhone, but I'm not in a rush. I'll let others work out the bugs first. :)

However, when I go to check the status it says it can't find the order.

I've been finding this problem with other Apple products as well. Their online store has been wonky lately.

William Gates

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
I'm pissed. Had to go to AT&T this morning to preorder because I'm on a business acct. I specifically stated that the only way I would preorder is if I was assured it would arrive on the 21st because I'm going out of town and had it shipped to my hotel. I was assured, then an hour later I get an email saying it ships in 2-3 weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.