Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

propel40

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
Hello,

I recently installed Windows 7 64 bit through Bootcamp on my Macbook and I can't seem to run certain games on it through Bootcamp. The games in particular are Red Orchestra 2 and Bioshock 1, both which I thought (read: hoped) would be able to run. When I launch either one, nothing happens whatsoever.

My macbook is this model:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...duo-2.0-white-13-early-2009-nvidia-specs.html

and I am using Snow Leopard. Other relevant information is that I installed the Bootcamp drivers from my original Leopard install disk (the one that came with my computer). The drivers seem to be working as I have sound and all the function keys are working.

Finally, when I looked into the launch log after trying to start RO2, the last two lines read this message:

[0001.83] Critical: appError called: Alpha blending with D3DFMT_A16B16G16R16F is not supported, which is required to run this game
[0001.83] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The specified module could not be found. (126)

Does anyone know what this means? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

David

Deedolito

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2010
Hello there,

Did you update your BootCamp software via ' Apple Software Update ' in Windows?

Sounds like outdated drivers, though Bioshock 1 isn't that new, it still might be a reason.

Cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.